16 no rear heat in upper vents when Sync selects upper vents but works with rear controls.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwspammo

Reaction score
If you use the Sync screen to control the rear heat, the heat only comes out of the floor by the rear passenger door. If you change the front controls from floor vent to upper vents, nothing changes in the rear, the front changes from upper vent to floor vent just fine. The rear fan keeps going at the selected speed. If you enable and use the rear controls, then everything works fine. You are able to change from floor vent to upper vents and the system will change. Both front and rear controls are able to change between hot and cold and it will change. If you have it on upper vents using the rear controls, and change to the Sync controls, then the system will change to the floor vents. When you enable the rear controls, the system will change from the floor vent to the upper vents.

I tried using ForScan to reset to HVAC and RHVAC modules with no change.

We don't know how long this has been going on.

Is there anything else I can try to get this sorted out? I don't think it is either of the actuators because it will change back and forth with the rear controls.

OP
OP
V

vwspammo

Reaction score
I was able to figure out how to fix this issue. I used ForScan to disable the rear climate control setting, and turn the car off and then on. Then I enable the rear climate control setting and turn the car off and on again.

After loading ForScan, click on the chip looking icon on the left side.
ForScan11.png
Click on "APIM Module Configuration" then select the play icon at the bottom of the screen.
ForScan22.png
Scroll down to the bottom and select "Rear Climate Control".
ForScan33.png
Select "Edit selected" at the bottom of the screen.
Select "disable" and select the check mark.
Select "write" at the bottom of the screen.
Select the check mark.
ForScan55.png
After programming is complete, turn the car off and then on.
Make sure "Rear Climate Control" is selected.
Select "Edit selected" at the bottom of the screen.
Select "write" at the bottom of the screen.
Select the check mark.
After programming is complete, turn the car off and then on.
Test the rear climate controls and they should work.