17 platinum check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaynhl

Reaction score
Question, i had my 17 platinum in at a ford dealer for a check engine light which said low boost. Cant remember the exact code now but they reset light banged me a large fee to diagnose and said nothing seemed wrong. Well fast forward 3 weeks and check engine light came on again. Light came on again and i dont have scanner so i made another appointment for service but they couldnt get me in for two weeks. Well today light went off while driving. Ford says they will charge me to see the history since light isnt on now. Is there a way i can view the history? I want to see if the code from a month ago low boost was same code which came and went this week. If so i may keep appointment and let them see this code keeps getting thrown. I can borrow a scanner from a friend but that i think will only show me if a current code is on correct? Any advise here?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get an ELM327 adapter from Amazon and get the Torque mobile phone app.