17 platinum new owner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaynhl

Reaction score
New member here as I just purchased a 17 platinum el (which we love) and I have a few questions I can’t seem to find the answers to anywhere including searching here. I am hoping someone can help me here.

• First when you shift the vehicle into park or turn off the ignition I can’t remember which the seat and steering wheel automatically move back few inches. This makes the second row very tight to get in and out of as I am very tall and moving back further then i already am leaves no room in 2nd row. Can I disable this feature so that the seat stays in the memory position even when vehicle is turned off?
  • Next is there a way when parked to always have the mirrors fold in maybe on ignition shut off or something. If there’s an option I can’t find it or are the mirrors simply folding only when you press the button to do so? I was hoping every time I park I could set it to fold and unfold automatically.
  • Lastly and I am embarrassed even asking this but the invision dual dvd screens we were given two remotes and two head sets and nothing I do can I get sound to play out of either the headphones or the vehicles speakers. Both screens work and play dvd's good. I am thinking both remotes maybe bad but I have tried new batteries and would be shocked I guess if both remotes were bad as well as headsets too. I found install manuals all over for these but no user manual. Please help here.
Thanks in advance!

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2017 Expedition Limited the drivers seat can be programmed to the driver's key fob by the control on the side of the seat. For me it goes back to my position when I unlock the door. Maybe look into the program to see if it can be disabled. My wife has her seat preference dialed in for her. Also the side mirrors only folds in by using the switch on the inside arm rest. I hope this helps.

turtle019

Reaction score
1. On the left screen of the instrument panel under advanced settings there is an option called Easy Entry/Exit
2. No way to auto fold on these vehicles
3. I can't help with this one

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New member here as I just purchased a 17 platinum el (which we love) and I have a few questions I can’t seem to find the answers to anywhere including searching here. I am hoping someone can help me here.

• First when you shift the vehicle into park or turn off the ignition I can’t remember which the seat and steering wheel automatically move back few inches. This makes the second row very tight to get in and out of as I am very tall and moving back further then i already am leaves no room in 2nd row. Can I disable this feature so that the seat stays in the memory position even when vehicle is turned off?
  • Next is there a way when parked to always have the mirrors fold in maybe on ignition shut off or something. If there’s an option I can’t find it or are the mirrors simply folding only when you press the button to do so? I was hoping every time I park I could set it to fold and unfold automatically.
  • Lastly and I am embarrassed even asking this but the invision dual dvd screens we were given two remotes and two head sets and nothing I do can I get sound to play out of either the headphones or the vehicles speakers. Both screens work and play dvd's good. I am thinking both remotes maybe bad but I have tried new batteries and would be shocked I guess if both remotes were bad as well as headsets too. I found install manuals all over for these but no user manual. Please help here.
Thanks in advance!

The seat memory function is explained in the vehicle owner’s manual.

The folding mirror function cannot be programmed to fold automatically. They must be folded and unfolded manually.

OP
OP
J

jaynhl

Reaction score
Thank you for the replys. I will look at the easy entry menu tonight i remember seeing it thank you there. That stinks about the mirrors they should auto fold. Also ill keep digging on the dvd thanks.

One more question is there a setting to delay the closing of the power side step like maybe 5-10 seconds or something?

Sorry very knew to all these options

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for the replys. I will look at the easy entry menu tonight i remember seeing it thank you there. That stinks about the mirrors they should auto fold. Also ill keep digging on the dvd thanks.

One more question is there a setting to delay the closing of the power side step like maybe 5-10 seconds or something?

Sorry very knew to all these options
No, unfortunately the power folding side steps are not adjustable in any of the settings. Maybe one of the Forscan experts will know.