1998 Eddie Bauer / Lightning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Emblem came out well. Looks like they belong together or are one piece.
Thanks, I think so too, definitely the look I envisioned. They could look a little better... I warped them a little trying to get them off too fast with the heat gun, but I'm pleased. I wanted the factory look, I had originally thought of doing Lightning emblems, but decided against it.

OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a dynochart... I'll be posting another after the exhaust is opened up a bit:

attachment.php

Attachments

• dynoneedsexhaust.jpg
    dynoneedsexhaust.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 406
OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took her on her first road trip yesterday. Stock I would get about 15mpg highway on this same trip... I averaged a little over 18 yesterday. That's a 20% increase, wow!

It's a very, very hilly drive (appalachians) and the transmission never once downshifted to pull the hills. I don't think I went over 2400rpms driving 60-70mph. It just pulled all hills very easily without struggle.

Pretty cool bonus. I'm pretty sure the tires a little low too, something I'll remedy as soon as I have a chance. That in addition to transmission getting switched to synthetic within a week or so & the exhaust... I hope to hit even 19mpg. We'll see, taking a road trip to NMRA in Maryland in a couple weekends.

OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Updates... :)

1: 4" Rancho suspension lift + 1" spacers/torsion keys, 5" total lift, replaced ball joints, shocks, etc.
2: New wheels / tires. (315/70/17) & removed the eddie bauer steps.
3: Updated emblems with third gen emblems / supercharged, very pleased with these.
4: "New" headlights, need to be polished, that's on the list.

I bought this in January... she's came a long way in 2013.

Short future plans:
-Finish exhaust.
-Hide wires for new SCT itsx
-Add subs to stereo.
-Start financing a beefed up transmission... I'd like a built transmission/motor in 2014.
-Remove the eddie bauer trim or paint it.

Attachments

• liftex01.jpg
    liftex01.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 131
  • liftex02.jpg
    liftex02.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 138
  • liftex03.jpg
    liftex03.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 149
  • emblems.jpg
    emblems.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gas mileage took quite a hit... :)

No regrets... driving around in something supercharged and lifted, is quite nice. When the walkers come... I'm ready.

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice build, Yea I would expect a MPG gain because the motor has to work less to move the body since it has more power......

OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The supercharger definitely made nice MPG increase... but the tires have robbed most of it. :)

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol if only a lightning intake would fit mines :( are you using a stock transmission?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK