1998 Expedition Gone crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueEyesMe66

Reaction score
1998 Ford Expedition has lost its mind. I put in the key turn but don’t start it. I can turn headlights or park lights and hazard lights flash will come on dim. Turn those off, turn heater on, the hazard lights flash and dome light flashes. At some point it affects the motor, makes it miss when they are on. The door locks, windows won’t work at all. Signal lights and flashers work ok when everything else is off. No engine light on. Would this be the computer going out or something else, like a friendly critter visit from outside. Winter is here and I teach and that’s my ride to work. Really need help. Thanks

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really need help.
Check battery first. make sure you have good steady power. (not sure take to Auto Zone for free battery check)
Once you are sure you have good power you can continue.
Then I would do a voltage drop test. (Plenty of videos on how to) this is easiest way to check wiring and all you need is a digital voltage meter. (Or you can check and clean all connections on battery cables positive and negative)

My bet is you come back with some kind of result from those two.

OP
OP
B

BlueEyesMe66

Reaction score
Under the dash on the passenger side the box thats in there had two ground wires loose and the screws was rusted out not getting contact. Everything works good now. Thanks for yalls help. Hubby just got it fixed two days ago. He went over everything. Hes so happy now.