1999 Expedition 5.4L Triton - Help needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjrodney

Reaction score
Not too sure about the sound yet but your shift linkage is super easy to tighten up - one bolt. Google can solve that one. Right behind your glove box is the heater core and AC condenser. It doesn’t sound like water squeezing through a blocked core does it? How’s the heater??

Mikeyfive

Reaction score
From your description I'm betting you found the compressor under the washer fluid reservoir. Since it comes on when you start up, or start and go. It's the self leveling air suspension. By the sound of it, you may have a slight leak. Bubble test all connections, and around the shock skirt for leaks. Bully for jr1under! He called it correct!

Saxxist

Reaction score
Since you have a 1999 Exp EB, you probably have the 4x4 air-ride shocks. Mine (with 190k miles) makes a similar sound when the air-ride is leveling the cabin.

1666394853501.png

Brian Meek

Reaction score
Come on, @Shelby_ - when you call upon the wisdom of the forums and receive help, post a summary. Or at least an acknowledgement of folks' efforts to help!

By now you're wondering if your air suspension has a leak. My 2001 EB 4x4's air suspension finally failed and the truck sank very low in back... Opted for a conversion kit to standard shocks all around. I'd almost forgotten about the compressor noise I used to hear.