1999 Expedition P0171

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeeblesAntiques

Reaction score
Please help. 1999 Expedition 4.6. Error code-was P0171 now it is P0174.

What’s the deal with this? I’ve been having idling issues/lack of power/excessive fuel consumption/skipping & rough riding during excelleration. It started all of the sudden 4 weeks ago. The error code given at the time was P0171 which says it’s the Bank 1 MAF sensor or vacuum leak. I’ve replaced the MAF sensor and air filter, then pulled it back off and used the CRC MAF sensor cleaner then reasssmbled it and cleared the code. The light came back on the next day and after putting about 100 miles on it and nothing improved. Now the code reader is saying P0174, 2nd bank, fuel filter or vacuum hose leak. I’ve replaced the in-line fuel filter, cleared the code (it came back on the neck day) and Ive put maybe 60 miles on it. Still no improvements. I’m still having the same issue. *Note: The in-line fuel filter looked original and had debris inside of it and fell out when vigorously shaken and banged down onto a metal plate. I thought maybe this would have been the problem because I’ve had fuel to engine problems before with my 96 F150.

Has anyone ever had this same problem and have went through the same repairs and nothing helped?? What is my next step? Please tell me it’s a simple and inexpensive fix :) Thanks

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Polarizer hit it, 071, and 074 usually trigger with that pcv elbow, or a similar intake leak. Try that elbow first, their cheap enough to replace. Beyond that smoke test your intake system. That will show any intake/ exaust leaks you may be experiencing. Post your progress for others.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01