1999 ford expedition lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey thanks for welcoming me to the forum!
I've been doing a lot of reading on lifts for 1st gen expeditions. There isn't a lot and either you get a leveling kit for 2 or 3 inches max or a proper 6 inch suspension lift. I don't need a 6 inch lift, 4 is better for me and I want a proper lift, not turning up the bars till the angles of everything are maxed. I see that ford f150s of the same year have 4 and 5 inch lifts available, expeditions do not. According to parts research, all the front end parts are same. Do the f150 lifts fit the front and not the rear so they just list the kit as not fitting? (f150s being leaf rear and expeditions are coil rear)
thanks!

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey thanks for welcoming me to the forum!
I've been doing a lot of reading on lifts for 1st gen expeditions. There isn't a lot and either you get a leveling kit for 2 or 3 inches max or a proper 6 inch suspension lift. I don't need a 6 inch lift, 4 is better for me and I want a proper lift, not turning up the bars till the angles of everything are maxed. I see that ford f150s of the same year have 4 and 5 inch lifts available, expeditions do not. According to parts research, all the front end parts are same. Do the f150 lifts fit the front and not the rear so they just list the kit as not fitting? (f150s being leaf rear and expeditions are coil rear)
thanks!
Yes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are saying yes it will work. have you done it yourself?
I'm assuming you only asked the one question.
No. I haven't. But if you use the search feature you'll find that at least two members have done exactly what you are describing. Though neither one gives you the exact dimensions for the rear lift block.
Oh yeah, Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mad Oshea

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a first Gen 1999 ex. XLT. If You looka at My truck on post, You will see the 6 inch on 4 inch boddy lift. There are no blocks in the back, but a mechanical lift. I can bag it if I need to. It will need a kit in front, and coils in the rear at 300 bucks a kit.

Last edited:

Mad Oshea

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are no shackels on this lift, Just a mechanical., with a 4 inch boddy kit. I put 33s on it.

Mad Oshea

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need to remember. When You bring a truck up like this, there are a few things to remember. You will have low mpg, low pulling rate. And You have to bring the sides out for stability. The tiers will hit on the swing, if You add spacers to the wheels. I have 2 inch on this one. They rub if I don't swing the front end. I need one inch more lift on this not to rub. It has a 6 inch lift, and 4 inch body.