1st Gen.. Hiding a 4 channel amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have an 02 EB with a blow sub amp. I am replacing it with something ridiculous: Kenwood excelon 500w amp with a Fosgate DVC shallow mount 8". For now I'm leaving the front speakers to be powered off of the factory amp. But I'm pretty sure this is not going to last very long as the sub is WAY too powerful for the other amp to keep up. I need a place to hide a smallish 4ch amp for my mids and highs. I've seen LOTS of posts/videos about removing the factory sub amp but none about the factory mids/highs amp. Ive heard its behind the dash A/C controls. Is there much space there for a bigger amp? What about the area under the center console, is it empty?

If you have pics or video, I would love to see them.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under the console isn't empty... really depends on the size of ur amp...i put a 4-ch in the spare compartment in the rear and I also put an amp in the side panel... if it's small enough u may be able to put under the middle seat in the 2nd row

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

c-atkinson

Reaction score
Not sure if the 02 is the same by in my 2010 there was room above the head unit for a small amp. My installation was a little hokey...used foam tape and wire ties to hold it in place.

Later I upgraded to a larger 4-channel amp and put it where the stock amp was...below the head unit (behind the A/C controls). This was difficult to get to and a tight fit, but it worked!

OP
OP
danielmiller82
Reaction score
i managed to find a subwoofer amp that puts out mono 500w RMS (kenwood excelon x501-1) that is just about the same size as the factory sub amp.. it has a sister model that puts out 75wx4 RMS that's pretty much the same size (6 3/4"W x 2 1/4"H x 7 3/8"D) im guessing it will probably fit if the factory mids amp is the same size as the sub amp.