20 Exped Ltd Hankook Tire Inflation Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bananashoe

Reaction score
My 2020 Expedition Limited Stealth continues to have tire pressure issues. The PSI increases beyond what I think is reasonable. Even during colder weather 30F, I could set the PSI to 39 and then drive for a couple of days and the PSI would get up to 44 to 46. Took it out on the interstate with temp no higher then 30 degrees F, tires self inflated to 45 to 47 PSI from 39 PSI when cold from sitting in garage overnight. Checked with a good gauge and it reads the same as the TPMS. Had the dealer check the TPMS twice and they set the PSI to 40. 62 degrees F, drove in the city for about 25 miles and they now read 44 to 45 PSI. Running Hankook Dynapro HT 285/45R22 114H.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's normal. The temp will rise when the tire heats up. Nothing to worry about.

DavidCola

Reaction score
Seems high to me as well. I have '19 Platinum running Michelins LTX with the same tire size. I run the car in SC summers and don't recall ever seeing anything over a 42 PSI. Cold pressure is 39 PSI.

OP
OP
B

bananashoe

Reaction score
I should have clarified in my original report the issue when the weather is cold. Ambient temp of 28F. Tire pressure shows 39psi. City drive 7.5 miles in 14 minutes. Tire pressure now shows 45 and 46psi. I know that they will show a higher psi after driving but I think that type of drive, mileage and ambient temperature would not increase psi by 6 to 7psi.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01