2000 EB Stereo Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14Expedition

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Long time no see but I got to thinking on a project I have coming up for my 2000 EB.

I was pretty much curious if I go ahead & replace my factory Ford stereo with a modern double din touchscreen style head unit, will I in result lose function of my factory Mach Audio Subwoofer in the back?

If so what are my options of integrating the factory Ford enclosure in the rear with possibly a aftermarket sub? I also plan on upgrading all 4 door speakers at the same time. Any input would be great as I'm sure this has been covered several times.

I've held off on upgrading everything for some time now because, a few months ago I found a 2001 Expedition EB at the local pick-n-pull with 68k miles in almost perfect condition, it boggles my mind it ended up there. Needless to say the interior was immaculate and I basically rebuilt mine with fresh parts, some of the parts being the factory stereo and subwoofer/Amp enclosure which sounds great like it was never used. I have been enjoying the hell out of it but I think im ready to upgrade just alittle.

Thanks!

20210711_200949.jpg

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
will I in result lose function of my factory Mach Audio Subwoofer in the back?
Yes Mach stuff will only work with Mach system.
If so what are my options of integrating the factory Ford enclosure in the rear with possibly a aftermarket sub?
Plenty of room, Pull the third row passenger cup holder out and look.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I swear my sub worked when I replaced my head unit.
All I know is that Mach uses its own unbalanced signal to go from head unit to sub. When you buy aftermarket stuff it always uses balanced signals.
Crutchfield has nothing to work with the Mach system.
So I am also interested to know how to get that to work.