2000 Eddie Bauer - Rear sway bar suggestions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larkja

Reaction score
Just finished up the air bags to coil over conversion front and rear. Rides great but seems to have some sway in the corners. I realize the front has torsion bars so not sure I want to tackle that yet. The low hanging fruit in the back is the sway bar. What suggestions do you have for the first gen?

Thanks

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are some aftermarket solutions for swaybars. I’m spacing on the company names though.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put Hellwig on my 2017, but apparently they don’t start making them until 2007 MY and up. Not sure of others, sorry.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you satisfied with the Hellwig?

Thanks

It has definitely stiffened it up when turning. I have yet to give it a true test with the boat or fully loaded horse trailer. Everyone in the 4th gen forum raves about it (same part number for 3rd & 4th gen).

Frank Swygert

Reaction score
I think mine is a Hellwig -- bought off Amazon (2005 model, 4x4). I got the bar mainly for towing. It's a 1" bar IIRC. DEFINITELY improved towing (less sway). I was unimpressed with the little 1/2" bar on the vehicle. I can see that for a standard vehicle, but mine was equipped with the HD towing package -- that little bar had no business there!

Addco makes a 1-1/4" front sway bar. Instructions say it fits in the stock location. I haven't looked into changing the front bar. Not sure it would help with towing, and don't know what size the stock bar is. I suspect it's an inch or less. You can get a 7/8", 1". or 1-1/8" rear bar. Fronts are 1-1/4", 1-7/16", or 1-1/2".

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/sway-bars-hellwig/ford/expedition

OP
OP
L

larkja

Reaction score
^^^ I have seen those rear bars. The issue is that on my truck, the mounting points (where they screw into the end links) are vertical whereas in the pics, they appear to be horizontal. Does this make sense?

bar.jpgbar2.jpg