2000 Exp - Warning chimes intermittent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeb

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2000 EB. The vehicle is awesome, only 49k miles. Driving home, some kind of warning chime went on a few times while on the fwy....I was just cruising.
Then, after I got home, went back out, started her up and the thing started going again. ALmost as if it were a seatbelt warning or something. It chimes about 5 or 6 times, stops, starts again (5-6 times), stops, again..etc. Probably about 4 or 5 times.
It's not the same sound as if you have the lights on when you turn the car off, comes from under the dash on the drivers side.
Anyone have any ideas? A short of some kind maybe?
Thanks
Mike
Oh...GREAT forum..glad to have found it!

DodgeRamAw06

Reaction score
Hello, heres something to check. I have a 97 expedition and the emergency brack light never comes on. Some how the brake got pushed down one click, i couldnt tell it was on and there was no light. It made a chime similar to what your explaining. So maybe thats it. If you cant find it then take it to a local dealer and see if they know. Good luck, hope this helps