2000 Expy XLT Vibration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Check your trailing arms. They rust out. Ford should of recalled them. Listen for a clunk, going between D and R.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check your trailing arms. They rust out. Ford should of recalled them. Listen for a clunk, going between D and R.

They do rust out big time. Lowers go first usually.
I bought out 2000 with a piece of chain hooked on to keep axle from moving rearward.
I got the awesome black powder coated square ones on ebay for less than $100.

OP
OP
R

RunningonExpy

Reaction score
Lots of great advice...gonna bring it in to the shop here soon. After putting the 104 fuse back in (now several days) but brown wire cut I still have no more bucking/hesitation but the vibration continues. Vibration seems to get worse as the car warms up....maybe tire(s) are warming up through road use and unbalancing ( I don't have the right terminology)? Could the u joints warm up and cause worse vibration hot?

I am going to check my trailing arms as well. Worn ones could cause steady vibration?

Last edited:

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lots of great advice...gonna bring it in to the shop here soon. After putting the 104 fuse back in (now several days) but brown wire cut I still have no more bucking/hesitation but the vibration continues. Vibration seems to get worse as the car warms up....maybe tire(s) are warming up through road use and unbalancing ( I don't have the right terminology)? Could the u joints warm up and cause worse vibration hot?

I am going to check my trailing arms as well. Worn ones could cause steady vibration?
I believe if you cut the brown wire it is the same as pulling the FUse. Correct me any on here. If your tires are the issue rub your hands on them and check for cupping.

Tjhoward84

Reaction score
Can someone point me to a thread on this "Brown Wire Mod"? I have a 1999 with no way to put it in 2WD. I would like to be able to do this to get it on a 2WD dyno and not search for an AWD dyno. My tuner would like to someday do a final tune on the new Lightning motor installed. I also need to get a A/F meter for the tuning process.

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes pull the fuse #104 underhood I pull mine during the summer months save some fuel. For the brown wire Mod there are plenty of videos on youtube. Google it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpwiseman