2000 Ford Expy with 5.4 - random codes after head gasket repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pugnowski

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Hope there is someone who may have some ideas? I have a 2000 Ford Expedition that I recently replaced the passenger side head gasket on.
Everything went fine, started up the first time. Ran it to operating temp once, and then was going to do twice to flush the radiator. During the second run, it chugged down to a halt. Swore I heard a click or something?
anyway, not locked, starter is fine, but will not start. If it does start for a few seconds, it dies. Checked all of the fuses in junction box, etc. First code I received was P360.
ran test on sensor, it was fine, but could use a new harness. checked it again, and numbers were good. tried to start, no luck. received a host of new coedes
IC B1318
RCM B1318
P1874
B1843
P0500
C1107
B1676....I chedked battery, it is at 12.6 volts, did a drop test on cables, they are ok. No P360 code..I am thinking I have a missed ground somewhere..any ideas? thanks....any help is appreciated...

OP
OP
P

Pugnowski

Reaction score
ok..so fixed the P0360 code for camshaft position sensor. Fuel relay checks out fine, but still have the following codes...starts briefly, but will not run. Fuel pump possibly? any ideas?
B1318 - battery voltage low - says air suspension - this does not have air suspension
B1676 - battery voltage low - related to ABS module
B1483 - brake pedal input circuit failure
P0500 - vehicle speed sensor malfunction
C1107 - ABS function enabled input circuit failure

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have any starter fluid spray ? Spray some into the throttle body and see if it starts up. That'll point you in the fuel delivery direction or not. When you turn the key to ON, what kind of fuel pressure are you seeing at the fuel rail schrader valve ? Reset the fuel inertia safety switch ? (Passenger Kick Panel).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkxr4