2003 component Door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chadecoen

Reaction score
I'll bite, and get in to your Ford/Chevy argument.

Would love to see some scientific testing results for all that info but till then...... it is way less expensive, has not off gassed or smelled up my truck in any way, did not freeze last winter in GA, nor melted off the doors on 105 degree summer days in Dallas, TX. As a vibration damper it performs just as well as anything you can place against thin metal to stop vibrations. As a sealant, well, that is exactly what it is designed to do. And designed to do it on the exterior of a home, so a little cold/heat isn't going to hurt it.

End result is my truck sounds great to me and this is a direct comparison to my last truck with no deadner. Same year truck, same system. First truck, no deadner, I was so disgusted by how bad it sounded after spending all my time doing the install, I tore it all back out and put the stock stereo back in.

This truck, with sealed up doors with home depot deadner, thinsulate, and egg crate foam, sounds phenomenal. Very pleased with the results. I do not compete but it goes as loud as I need it to with no distortion and has plenty of mids from the doors. Been in there a while now and is a daily driver, grocery go getter, and kid hauler and no issues.

Buy whatever product you want, but I think the high dollar stuff is no better. Just better marketing

aeorn

Reaction score
Hey guys, great thread appreciate the detail. I keep googling things and winding right back on expeditionforum.com!!

Follow up question for y'all: does anyone just cut a hole in the factory 5x8 box and use that? Trying to find a way to upgrade from factory sound without doing all the deadening and sealing. Call me lazy.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there isnt a box in the 2nd gen...just a bracket so the best is to get a bracket adapter for the size you need

aeorn

Reaction score
There is a boxed speaker in the front for some options. Mine had "Navigation w/out THX". See photos:PXL_20210523_173935775.jpg

aeorn

Reaction score
Sub replaced also, kept the 8" size. Amp did not end up getting mounted there, I wanted better access. You can see the old amp bottom right of the photo:

PXL_20210511_230205485.jpg

aeorn

Reaction score
Here's what I used to insulate; from home Depot. Flashing worked amazingly.
PXL_20210523_161817020.jpg

aeorn

Reaction score
Speakers are nothing special, but with the new small 4ch amp (silver compact Kenwood), and the dampening, the system sounds amazing.

16248022890713157226834173100640.jpg

PXL_20210604_031509148.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357