2003 Expedition 4R70W line pressures / NO forward / ONLY reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
metaldrgn

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finished the rebuild/install and serviced the transmission fluid. 14 qts and some change added since I flushed the lines too. I still have to do a final check on the level.

First time I took it out it wasn't shifting into second until RPMs were around 2500-3000. The odometer also showed just dashes and O/D was flashing. Started fine and all gauges worked except odometer. Only had P0720 fault (I have a code scanner). I was already suspecting The OSS was bad because I pulled most of the components out of the transmission w/o pulling the sensor so I thought it may have been damaged. Bought a replacement OSS sensor and when I went to change it I noticed the connecter wasn't clicked in and pulled off. I reconnected it and tested it out. Everything worked after that! All gears work! I thought the shifting would be a little firmer.

So I had some issues trying to find the OSS at a local parts store. Even the dealer didn't have one in stock. Then my wife chimes in...
Wife: What's wrong?
Me: I can't find a store that carries one of these sensors in stock.
Wife: You know you only need to find one store that has one.
Me: Thank you for your wisdom. I thought I would have to find at least two.

Last edited: