2003 Expedition Abs Light On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmellinium

Reaction score
Hey there, i just recently purchased a 03 expedition. I have had it for several months now. I drove it for a few days after i got it, then let it sit for about a month or two. Everything was fine while driving it for the week, after starting it after it sat for those months 3 lights came on the dash. The abs, brake and traction. I have tried disconnection the battery to reset it, but that only worked on the traction light. As far as the other 2 i cant figure out. I have tried every code reader, computer scanner etc and none of them will connect to the car. Just comes up with an error saying it cant connect. Cant even clear the codes. tried several snap on scanners, launch etc. Any ideas on what it could be or where to start? It was also rear ended pretty good if that makes a difference, only got the rear bumper and trailer hitch the worse and bent frame. Thanks in advance!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure the cigarette lighter fuse is good, as that is also shared by the OBD port. If it is blown, nothing will communicate. Does your mileage show up right, or it is a bunch of dashes?

Make sure you have enough brake fluid, as a low level will trigger the brake light. Granted, I'm wondering if it might be one of the wheel sensor. Either way, try to get the OBD port to read again, so you can get the actual code.

OP
OP
M

metalmellinium

Reaction score
I think we checked every fuse on the right side kick panel and all was good. but i will double check tomorrow. if its not that any other ideas?