2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Why front so high, any rationale behind it? Or just trial and error?

How does it ride?
Stiff in the front is better for on road handling and was recommended by a few users. Adjusting from 1 to 9 is about a 400% difference in stiffness.
I'll continue to play.Takes about a minute to adjust soft for off road.
Rides really nice in town and on the highway. Rain coming this weekend so I'm going to be playing in the mud to test it out on the softer settings [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stiff in the front is better for on road handling and was recommended by a few users. Adjusting from 1 to 9 is about a 400% difference in stiffness.
I'll continue to play.Takes about a minute to adjust soft for off road.
Rides really nice in town and on the highway. Rain coming this weekend so I'm going to be playing in the mud to test it out on the softer settings [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

How does it react to potholes and speedbumps?

Ever try the 50+ psi inflations some superduty drivers seem to favor on LT allterrainers?

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New gears are great. I have 4.56 gears and "33s" on my Explorer. I think the tires are like 32.6 or something.

It's a go-kart on the street. And in 4lo, it's very nice- wants to crawl up a wall and I don't use the brakes much on downhills.

Been thinking about doing gears on my Expedition. I'd probably go with 4.10s for me though. That rig spends a bunch of time on the highway.
Yeah I went with 4.56 gears bc it's in the recommended range for 35's up to 38's which is what I'll be working on. I pondered on the thought of cutting my wheel wells opening more. I have looked and the front fenders have plenty of room to cut but the rear I'm on looking at 2" of trimming B4 I cut into the wheel well tub.
But that's another day right now getting my gears is high priority.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk