2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRD88

Reaction score
Got over to the bumper shop yesterday to see the bumper before it got sent to powder coating. He wasn't able to put the bars on the side of the main bar because it would have been in the way of lights but it saves me a little money and I still like what it looks like. The one thing he forgot to install was a hitch receiver but he said not a big deal and he will get one put on today then it will be going to powder. What you all think? I really like the fact the bar doesn't block the emblem and that he was able to get the edge near the wheel well trim flush (thanks to Van Bob for that tip!).

upload_2018-3-20_8-1-26.png upload_2018-3-20_8-1-36.png upload_2018-3-20_8-1-42.png

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Got over to the bumper shop yesterday to see the bumper before it got sent to powder coating. He wasn't able to put the bars on the side of the main bar because it would have been in the way of lights but it saves me a little money and I still like what it looks like. The one thing he forgot to install was a hitch receiver but he said not a big deal and he will get one put on today then it will be going to powder. What you all think? I really like the fact the bar doesn't block the emblem and that he was able to get the edge near the wheel well trim flush (thanks to Van Bob for that tip!).

View attachment 24355 View attachment 24356 View attachment 24357
That looks awesome!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score

That looks BAD ASS! Fits perfectly too! They did a great job!! Post another pic once it gets podwer coated. Thanks for sharing!

FRD88

Reaction score
Yes it is called CK Fab -Custom Bumpers just outside Billings, MT. He does awesome work and he has worked with me picking out what I wanted. This is the first 2nd gen bumper he has done so it cost me a little more, but so far I think he is doing a great job. The powder coat won't be done until early next week so once its complete and I get it back I'll post some more pics.

https://www.ckfabbumpers.com/

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes it is called CK Fab -Custom Bumpers just outside Billings, MT. He does awesome work and he has worked with me picking out what I wanted. This is the first 2nd gen bumper he has done so it cost me a little more, but so far I think he is doing a great job. The powder coat won't be done until early next week so once its complete and I get it back I'll post some more pics.

https://www.ckfabbumpers.com/

I forgot to ask if you settled on a color? Are you going with a color match or are you going black?

FRD88

Reaction score
I did decided to go with a dark green texture (Dark Emerald Texture from Prismatic Colors to be specific). I went dark because it will fade over time and I couldn't get powder coat to match. I went with powder coating vs bed liner because it should be easier to clean and the bed liner guy never got around to giving me some examples like he said he would do.

FRD88

Reaction score
Got her back a couple of weeks ago and still working out some minor details but overall I am very happy with it. The color did come out darker than expected so at first it looks black but it was overcast and does look green in the sun. Not a huge deal and no real reason to cry over it I chose it and its done. Its also dirty in these pics because it rained the night before after a dust storm which made everything nasty.

I still need to mount a license plate bracket that folds allowign access to the hitch and order a set of spot lights. The one thing that i haven't figured out, which shouldn't be difficult, is reattaching the rubber flap under the radiator that the tranny lines go through. The bumper doesn't have any bracket to mount it to, so I will just need to fab up a piece of metal to go across so it can have something to mount to. I tried removing it temporarily but I didn't realize it until I removed the plastic push tabs, that the tranny lines need to be taken off the cooler to remove it, so I just zip tied it up for now. I will try to get some better pics once she gets a bath. Running a flattrack motorcycle race this weekend and will be hauling the bike with it, so it will be in a dust cloud then it will be bath time.

upload_2018-4-19_15-59-5.png upload_2018-4-19_15-59-11.png

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got her back a couple of weeks ago and still working out some minor details but overall I am very happy with it. The color did come out darker than expected so at first it looks black but it was overcast and does look green in the sun. Not a huge deal and no real reason to cry over it I chose it and its done. Its also dirty in these pics because it rained the night before after a dust storm which made everything nasty.

I still need to mount a license plate bracket that folds allowign access to the hitch and order a set of spot lights. The one thing that i haven't figured out, which shouldn't be difficult, is reattaching the rubber flap under the radiator that the tranny lines go through. The bumper doesn't have any bracket to mount it to, so I will just need to fab up a piece of metal to go across so it can have something to mount to. I tried removing it temporarily but I didn't realize it until I removed the plastic push tabs, that the tranny lines need to be taken off the cooler to remove it, so I just zip tied it up for now. I will try to get some better pics once she gets a bath. Running a flattrack motorcycle race this weekend and will be hauling the bike with it, so it will be in a dust cloud then it will be bath time.

View attachment 24723 View attachment 24724

Looks GREAT! My flap is still flapping around too. Plan is to drill holes to the bottom of the bumper and use those plastic push clips to hold the flap in place. Long term I'd like to get a metal skid plate up under there.

Great job with the bumper! What's next?