2004 2nd row seat not folding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gypsy55

Reaction score
Please please need help. My 2004 Ford Exp I bought about 2 months ago... having problems with the 2nd row middle seat not folding. Trying to pull the strap so many ways and don't know what's going on. This happened about a couple weeks ago getting a new couch and the guy I bought the couch from got the seat to lower somehow. Said it was too far up or back. I've tried adjusting the seat moving it front and back but no luck. Need it down to get new furniture but just won't go down. Any help please!!!

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've not had an issue w the middle seat but one if my outboard second row seats in my 02 refuses to let the back rest fold back up once folded unless I disengage it from the floor and while I'm pulling up on that I can then move the back where I want it. It's perfectly fine afterward for a random amount of times. Not sure what is failing or binding up there. Perhaps something similar though that seat you mention does not flip forward.