2004 Expedition doors banging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wegner44

Reaction score
My doors do the same thing. I have a theory that my 15 year old vehicle has weatherstripping around the door that has basically flattened and does not create the cushioned seal which originally kept the does from rattling. I am planning on replacing the door seals which should hopefully fix that issue.

Boddkr

Reaction score
Hello,
My 2003 drivers door does the same thing. I found out it was the bottom strip on the outside of door. I replaced the body hooks on the inside of pieces. It fixed it.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,
My 2003 drivers door does the same thing. I found out it was the bottom strip on the outside of door. I replaced the body hooks on the inside of pieces. It fixed it.

Are you talking about that large rubber boot that's on the bottom of the doors themselves?

Boddkr

Reaction score
Are you talking about that large rubber boot that's on the bottom of the doors themselves?
The part on outside of door at the bottom. It snaps on with auto body clips
bc3d581cab2f579a0c103a8aca7576fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wegner44

Reaction score
Can anyone please take a picture of this on their vehicles? I'd really like to get my cabin noise level down, it has become pretty load....

Thanks!

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The part on outside of door at the bottom. It snaps on with auto body clips
bc3d581cab2f579a0c103a8aca7576fa.jpg

WOW! No kidding, by just replacing the "hooks" that hold those panels onto the doors it stopped the noise? Damn... Learn learn something everyday. So they tighten up the doors again? Cause I notice when sitting in my Expedition that when I pull/push the door handle quickly there is some easy movement on the doors, figured it had to do with latches or weather stripping

Boddkr

Reaction score
WOW! No kidding, by just replacing the "hooks" that hold those panels onto the doors it stopped the noise? Damn... Learn learn something everyday. So they tighten up the doors again? Cause I notice when sitting in my Expedition that when I pull/push the door handle quickly there is some easy movement on the doors, figured it had to do with latches or weather stripping
I had to fix the inside window track to. We live in mountains and go down slot of dirt roads. So the bolt needs to be tighten.