2004 Ford Expedition - Best Recommendations to improve night time driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Al Steel

Reaction score
I agree with others regarding plastic lens glazing. If your lenses are even slightly yellowed or glazed over it can greatly affect your beam pattern and brightness. Polish or replace glazed lenses and leave them stock.

Even driving on pitch black rural roads with deer, downed trees, and other possible hazards I have never found the stock lights too dim, especially with the high beams on.

I've tried the "bright white" bulbs but found the reflected whiter light too glaring and annoying for extended night driving. Clean or polish your lenses and use stock / slightly upgraded bulbs (Silverstars) but stay with the yellow hues. And for GOD'S sake don't go with those terrible "cool blue" lights.

Greye

Reaction score
May I suggest Hikari led headlights. I have used them in five different vehicles, two Fords, two Lincolns an a Hyundai (not mine thank goodness) and I have yet to have one fail in 3 years and counting. They have multiple options as to the type output and pattern. I've run three types except for the newest one out. They are a white 6K color as well which makes my night driving with my old eyes a pleasure.

getdealtwith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with others regarding plastic lens glazing. If your lenses are even slightly yellowed or glazed over it can greatly affect your beam pattern and brightness. Polish or replace glazed lenses and leave them stock.

Even driving on pitch black rural roads with deer, downed trees, and other possible hazards I have never found the stock lights too dim, especially with the high beams on.

I've tried the "bright white" bulbs but found the reflected whiter light too glaring and annoying for extended night driving. Clean or polish your lenses and use stock / slightly upgraded bulbs (Silverstars) but stay with the yellow hues. And for GOD'S sake don't go with those terrible "cool blue" lights.
How easy or difficult is the lens replacement?

I have a 04 Navigator Ultimate with HID lamps and the lenses have pretty deep UV cracks that I haven't been able to sand through. I'd like to avoid buying new lamps but haven't been able to source new lenses. perhaps someone knows?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357