2004 Prefab sub box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schoonie3

Reaction score
Jusat bought a 2004, 4x4, 5.4. I have the base stero and plan to add a DVD player, slave drop down unit for the reat seats, and a sub.

Does anyone know if there is a prefab box for the side rear, or under seats?

I was wanting to say aways from just putting a sub box in the rear if I could.

Thanks

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They make boxes that go under second row seat for the first gen so I would assume they do for yours also. They can hold two 8's , 10's or one 12 I believe.

OP
OP
S

schoonie3

Reaction score
Thx, I have found those advertised for the Gen I, but I have not seen them for Gen II, Just wondered what others were doing for a sub in Gen 2.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is nothing to put under seats or in rear panel for 03-06...you will have to get something made...JL makes a stealth box for 1st and 3rd gens...i gues you can try the 3rd gen and see if it fits...best thing i suggest is get it made

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a member on here who is trying to take one for the 3rd gen and see if it will work in a second gen. The JL stealthbox that is.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a member on here who is trying to take one for the 3rd gen and see if it will work in a second gen. The JL stealthbox that is.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

If you're referring to me I'm actually trying to fit the 3rd gen box which is spec'd for EL models only into a non-EL model. And as we all know, they didn't make an EL 2nd gen anyway. But I also have reason to believe that the factory subwoofers are exactly the same from 2nd to 3rd gen. And if that is the case then one would justifiably say the stealthbox will fit a 2nd gen if it indeed fits my non-EL 3rd gen.

1koerner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can also get a prefab that fits behind the 3rd row if u wanna go that route its like 50$ and up depending on the amount of subs

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're referring to me I'm actually trying to fit the 3rd gen box which is spec'd for EL models only into a non-EL model. And as we all know, they didn't make an EL 2nd gen anyway. But I also have reason to believe that the factory subwoofers are exactly the same from 2nd to 3rd gen. And if that is the case then one would justifiably say the stealthbox will fit a 2nd gen if it indeed fits my non-EL 3rd gen.

i was...and per my post in your thread they look exactly the same compared to my 2nd gen

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think he wants the prefab behind 3rd row...i have one...does good and still functional...it in my garage now with my 12's still in it

dirtrider

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be able to let you know if the JL Audio Stealthbox fits an 03 in about 2.5 weeks when I get it.
Not the most prudent purchase I ever made at ~$850 after all things considered just to add a sub. Hope it fits!