2004 XLT. Raidio stayikg powred

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfish708

Reaction score
When I turn my 2004 expedition XLT off and open the doors, there is power still at dome lights, radio and windows.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the front passenger door turn everything off when you open it ? If it operates correctly but your driver's door won't turn everything off, it's probably the driver's door jamb switch. It's located in the door latch (bottom). They're available from Rock Auto, be sure to order the correct side ( left and right are different orientation ).

OP
OP
B

Bigfish708

Reaction score
Nort

I can open both doors and it still stays on , I even sprayed the lock mechanic with WD and opened and closed a few times. Do you happen to know what fuse or relay so I can test?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The accessory delay relay is the middle fat one on the top of the fusebox. You can swap it with one of the others on the bottom row to test the function. If you don't have one, and you want to download it, the service manual is here: https://spaces.hightail.com/space/hoVVsN5P2A

kM3qOI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigfish708

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried swapping it and its still doing the same thing. I jumped the door switched on driver side and still nothing.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might be worth pulling the door panel and latch and visually inspecting the door jamb switch on both front doors. If you're not getting a "Door Ajar" message on the message center (if you have it...) when you open a front door, they're not working right.

Last edited: