2005 EB No Rear Heat No Clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Four

The Four

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I’ll take a look at that this afternoon.
Do you get any air blowing from the rear unit at all? The actuator doors adjust temp and directs air flow to ceiling or floor. If you're not getting any air the blower isn't working so either a fuse or the blower (or perhaps the connector to the blower if someone was working back there recently).

I am getting air in the rear, either AC cooled air or ambient temperature air.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I’ll take a look at that this afternoon.

I am getting air in the rear, either AC cooled air or ambient temperature air.

Oh, so could very well be your blend door actuator. You say it doesn't click but it may be beyond the point of clicking. Mine clicked for a while but then went quiet. Now that I think of it mine was just blowing cool air in the back as well... for the longest time so just stopped using it. Also wouldn't get cold in the summer. Then a couple of years ago when I had a little more freed up cash, replaced both actuators and had the AC serviced (bad expansion valve in the rear and needed a new condenser). Blowing both warm and cold now. I may need to replace the front blend actuator as well as sometimes it seems the heater air gets a little cold.

OP
OP
The Four

The Four

Reaction score
So when the truck is running I’m gettjng a voltage reading of about 14.6 and when just turned to accessory I’m getting about 12.
Bob I’m glad to find someone who has a similar situation to me. Unless anyone else thinks otherwise, is it generally safe to say that my next course of action is to replace the door blend actuator?

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So when the truck is running I’m gettjng a voltage reading of about 14.6 and when just turned to accessory I’m getting about 12.
Bob I’m glad to find someone who has a similar situation to me. Unless anyone else thinks otherwise, is it generally safe to say that my next course of action is to replace the door blend actuator?

Yes, since your motor is running and blowing air your electrical is fine. It's the air temp which is the problem and that's controlled by the heater core (which you say lines are hot) and the blend door actuator which is known to fail so my money is on the actuator. May as well do both while your in there.

If you wanted to be sure, you could pull it and open it up, see if the gears are shot. But if you go thru the trouble of getting it out you may as well put a new one in there.

I just ordered one for the front :).

OP
OP
The Four

The Four

Reaction score
Alrighty guys, sorry for the delay due to dealing with holiday stuff and getting the wrong part from auto zone. I ordered the Motorcraft actuator from amazon, and lo and behold, I’ve got rear heat! I opened the old actuator, and from appearance I did not see anything wrong or worn out parts. Thanks everyone for the help.

853DBD23-A801-4179-A9BE-51B616E21CEE.jpeg

6C7C473B-880D-4C2B-9614-1D6636EDBC8F.jpeg

A8A78019-C427-4414-AED5-75E1EE415EA5.jpeg