2006 Expedition XLT... Time to fiddle with it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I currently own a 2006 Expedition XLT. Its got ~125K and my wife currently drives it. She's due for a new truck now that we have a newborn and I get to start fiddling with it. It'll become my bad weather driver/winter car/road trip sled.

We bought the truck 3 years ago with ~60K on it. It runs like a top, i've kept up on maintenance and even had the tail gate repainted after it started chipping, like they all do apparently.

I'd like to lift it with a 3/2 ReadyLift setup, replace the OEM shocks with some Bilsteins, get some 2010-11 Raptor wheels with 35" tires and get a 5 Star Tune once she gets her new truck.

Seems like simple aspirations until we get to my real goal...

I've always wanted a Lightning but they were never very practical for my needs. I'd love to supercharge this thing but how feasible is it?

What are the common supercharger setups? Did Ford offer an option for this truck? I cant seem to find a Kenne Bell for the 3v trucks. Any bottom end requirements? Im sure fueling and tuning would be up to the builder... Should I hold off on getting the 5 Star setup?

Im currently working on a 15 year Fox project that needs to pickup some steam and get into gear but after that I'd probably tear into this thing (within the next year hopefully).

I've already contacted members of this forum to get their input on lifts and other questions I had... seems like a great bunch of people hanging around these parts.