2006 Stereo Harness issue - Crutchfield Stereo Replacement (double din)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jmacres

Reaction score
I'm on board with getting this in place to stop the popping. Crutchfield shows this doesn't fit my 06? I will give them a call

Thanks for all the replies!

upload_2019-9-16_7-0-35.png

04EddyExpy

Reaction score
I bought a touchscreen CarPlay stereo for my '04 from Crutchfield and I had nothing but nagging issues with it for over a year.

After the head unit was installed with their wiring harness, certain FM stations would produce static if I used the turn signals or stepped on the brake. My turn signals would speed up or slow down at random. I never heard any of the popping that's being talked about, but after a year the antenna adapter started having issues.

I finally got fed up, ripped the whole damn thing out and sold it lock, stock & barrel on Facebook. I put the original factory stereo back in (has the 6-disc CD changer). I still have a little issue with static and the turn signals, but it isn't as bad. I'm starting to think those gremlins are related to the LED flasher and LED turn signals & brake lights.

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had that same harness in my 2006 EB, it didn't stop the sub pop, even adding an AFDI-5V before or after the crus converter, and trying a second AFDI-5V, I still had pop. I switched to a metra harness (with and AFDI-5V) and Axxess SWC and the pop went away. Both the Crux and Axxess SWC sometimes makes my volume go up instead of down if I push the volume down button.

I haven't had an issue with sub lol. Guess I got lucky.

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a touchscreen CarPlay stereo for my '04 from Crutchfield and I had nothing but nagging issues with it for over a year.

After the head unit was installed with their wiring harness, certain FM stations would produce static if I used the turn signals or stepped on the brake. My turn signals would speed up or slow down at random. I never heard any of the popping that's being talked about, but after a year the antenna adapter started having issues.

I finally got fed up, ripped the whole damn thing out and sold it lock, stock & barrel on Facebook. I put the original factory stereo back in (has the 6-disc CD changer). I still have a little issue with static and the turn signals, but it isn't as bad. I'm starting to think those gremlins are related to the LED flasher and LED turn signals & brake lights.

My LED turn signals speed up once in a while too.

Don't get me started on the issues I had getting my LED headlights to function properly.

04EddyExpy

Reaction score
My LED turn signals speed up once in a while too.

Don't get me started on the issues I had getting my LED headlights to function properly.

I gave up on LED headlights. One would flicker for about 10 seconds after shutting off the lights and eventually burned out the LED within a few months. Insane. Never burned out an LED before. :)

Not to mention the stock headlamps aren't build for LEDs. They refract & scatter the light. You can see roadsigns pretty well but you also blind other drivers. Projectors are where it's at for LEDs, but they're expensive. So I stuck with Sylvania SilverStars in the headlights and put LEDs in everything else - interior lamps, side markers, brake/reverse lights, fogs, and high stop brake light. Getting ready to do the little ones over the license plate also.

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the flicker. My passenger side headlamp flickers when the truck is off periodically. I have had to replace the bulb once already. Lifetime warranty thankfully. Next time it burns itself up I may switch over to HID for the lows and leave the LED in the highs since most of the time I'm not driving into oncoming traffic when they are on.