2007 Expedition 2WD.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdeguara

Reaction score
I have a 2007 expedition with Axle code 15. 3.13 ration I believe. Instead of regearing because I stuffed 35's on it, no lift, I would like to replace the rear center section differential with a used part from a 4x4 with 3.73 gears. Is it going to be a remove and replace or am I going to have issues between a previous 4x4 swapped into my 2WD? I have looked everywhere and the only information that I come across is how much it would be to regear which leads me to this question in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide pics or more information if that would be helpful. I do tow a 27' family travel trailer about 5 times a year and I have done so with some success but through the foothills of NorCal and up to South Lake Tahoe I find myself in 2nd gear so a little help and a little less strain on the family beast with 135k would make me feel better. It would also be nice for the little around town driving I do as it is sluggish light to light. Thank you in advance and have a blessed day. -Chris