2007 Expedition-EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p38fln

Reaction score
My 2008 Expedition was being an absolute pain in the rear, and I was getting tired of using the luggage carrier any time I wanted something bigger than a gallon of milk in the back. I found an almost flawless (except rotted out rocker panels) 2007 Expedition-EL at a used car dealer in KY. They told me it just got a new timing chain, timing guides, oil pump and cam phasers.

This one has working cruise control, no drugs in the console, no burn marks, working rear heat, the only functioning air suspension i have ever seen, and I can get a truly stupid amount of junk in the back.

The engine started bucking like a dying bull a few days ago, I finally traced it down to fuse #74 being loose under the hood. Separate post about that soon.
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 11.46.53 AM.png

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you get a CarFax report for it ? How many miles on it? Any maintenance records documenting the timing chain work ? How the roof channels look ? They rust out about as bad as the rocker panels.

OP
OP
P

p38fln

Reaction score
Dealer who did the cam phasers, timing chain and oil pump is owned by my uncle - absolutely sure that they did the work. He told me that the chain guide had split in two when they got the front of the engine off.

Where are the roof channels? The exterior looks fine on top.

As for miles... a lot. A whole lot. lol
Still runs better than the one I traded in.