2007 Expedition lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philippe Mungiovi

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
It is my fist post here, i am looking to put some 38" tires on my truck i already have them. I know that i will have to cut my fender. My question is, what eight of lift do i need? 4" 5"?
Thank you

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're looking at something custom and/or A LOT of cutting. The IFS rear is your limiting factor. If it were a straight axle in the rear you could run some f150 lift solution up front and longer coils/shocks/etc. in the rear.

Since the rear is IFS the off-the-shelf solutions are pretty limited, and virtually non-existent for anything beyond 2-3" as it throws the suspension geometry out of whack.

Your best bet will likely be a 3" suspension lift paired with a body lift and a lot of cutting.

Good luck and post pics!

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks really good!

Keep in mind that you're going to lose a lot of power to the ground with tires that tall. You'll eventually want to regear if it's in the budget. That said, I've thrown tall tires on less powerful vehicles and happily lived with the results in my long-gone younger years lol

Enjoy the build and take lots of progress pics. :)

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that’s too big, look at the rear wheel well he butchered it and cut it up to get them to fit

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey, he got 'em to fit. Folks fit 37s on Tacomas with a 3" lift. It just takes a strong will, a lack of a payments (please pay it off before hacking into it), a sawzall, and a grinding wheel. :sawzall: