2007 Expedition trailer wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tapped into the brake light at the driver side tail light for the back up. I still need to run the 12vdc wire.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

0627Devildog

Reaction score
05 Expedition

So I have an 05' Expy, and I am wondering. . . do the same principles from the 07' in this thread apply? All I really need is to convert from a flat 4 to a flat 5 (which includes a reverse line) so I can send the appropriate reverse signal to pause my surge brakes on my boat trailer for backing up. I am already tapped into my drivers side backup lights for my reverse camera, but as stated earlier in this thread I doubt it is drawing much power.

Chewtoy

Reaction score
Reverse light color is brown.

See my thread on this issue here: http://www.expeditionforum.com/f45/replacement-contacts-rear-loom-connector-29460/

Note that if you go the clean route like I did, you may have to drill out the holes for the orange and brown wires on the Ford plug. It's easy to do, just remove the white and red internal plastic parts of the connector (use a small pick to fish them out, they are not held in by any tabs).

If you want the pins from my spare connector, and want to solder the correct color to them (or not), let me know and I'll send them to you.