2007 Ford Expedition EL SLT Climate Control Blower Speed Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Ronald brown

Reaction score
Excellent and thank you for that information. I will source another manual climate control unit. I will also debate if I really need the fancy radio or not. I will also double-check the harness. When I purchased the resistor it came with a replacement harness. Many times Thank You!!!

OP
OP
R

Ronald brown

Reaction score
Thank you for this helpful information, I will source a working manual climate control unit. I will also evaluate it I really need a more fancy radio with navigation. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
R

Ronald brown

Reaction score
Good evening all

I have an interesting question related to my problem. I ordered a certified replacement manual climate control unit because mine wasn't coming on and no lights. I temporarily installed the electronic one I had previously ordered so I could have some functions. Tonight the replacement unit came and I installed it. I had the same results as my original manual unit. It doesn't come on as if no power. I do know there is power because the electronic unit works. What the heck am I missing?

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How handy are you with a multimeter? I do not have the circuit diagram for your climate controls but there are very knowledgeable members in this forum. I suspect your power and ground connections need to be verified in a logical manner to isolate the precise cause of your issue. There are differences between the manual and automatic controls as Trainmaster pointed out, so the wiring could be different even if the connectors are the same.

Did you acquire the vehicle with this problem and are you confident that it was originally equipped with manual controls?

OP
OP
R

Ronald brown

Reaction score
I did acquire the vehicle with the problem. I can check to see if it is original. The manual unit that came with the car was working with the original issue of low fan speed.

I have a multi-tester and with some instructions, I think I can handle the task. A manual climate control unit is the correct unit for my truck.

Last edited:

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your blower should be ground switched. Verify that you have 12v on the input and output wires of the blower with the key on and the HVAC module in the off position. What colors are the wires connecting to the resistor? They should be grounded based on the position of the blower speed switch but that's where the diagram comes into play.

OP
OP
R

Ronald brown

Reaction score
Good evening dcsang I looked at the wires coming out of the resistor plug (green striped, light brown or dark red, gray striped, and black striped). I will also attach a picture of the plug. I've replaced the wires coming out of the plug in case of any burnt areas.

sthomp99

Reaction score
There are several of these threads. I am experience similar trouble with 2016 XL, "Electronic Manual Temp Control". Blower powered with ignition ON (HVAC: Off), Relays Good, Blower "Resistor" Good. Work around for now is grounding blower ground (Now Blower: High with Ignition ON). Problem is likely the CCM25 the HVAC Control Module. No luck sourcing $200+, salvage yard next... Wiring diagram found here on another tread... The Climate Control Module (CCM25) takes in all buttons inputs and outputs to all relays, speed controls, blend doors etc.

Attachments

• 2016 Expedition Electronic Manual Climate EMTC.pdf
    91.9 KB · Views: 1
  • EATC.1.pdf
    191.1 KB · Views: 1
  • EATC.2.pdf
    242.4 KB · Views: 0
  • EATC.3.pdf
    185.8 KB · Views: 1
  • EATC.4.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 0