2007 Heater Core Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Omg why the hell did ford make that so damn difficult. I dont have the money to pay someone else to do it. Plus i dont like nor trust just anyone working on my truck.. So i bought the heater core and was going to do it myself. Damn it... I have 2 kids and they are already starting to get cold when we have to leave at night or first thing in the morning. I do everything on my truck but that seems to be way more then what i have time for.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Have someone flush out the old heater if it's not leaking and it should get you sufficient heat for a year or two. Or you do it. Disconnect or cut the hoses and run some garden hose water through it in the reverse direction for a couple of minutes. Then reconnect the hoses with splices and clamps. You do run the risk of a leak, but usually it works and buys you some time.

Reaction score
Im going to have to do something. When I bought my truck the previous owner had already cut the hose and plugged it and have no clue why or what they had done to it already. Heres a crappy pic but this is how it is

20201103_145921.jpg

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably for same reason. Figured they would wear a heavier jacket. I hate dash repairs

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
You're not big, so laying on your head under the dash won't be a problem.

Not a hard job. Just follow a video. It's clean, the tools are simple, and it's fool-proof. You won't even get dirty and it's next to impossible to screw up.

Can't say that about many jobs with these trucks. Just a fair bit of work.

jcbradbury84

Reaction score
Where is the video for the 2007 heater core? I know it was mentioned in a previous post but I didn't see any video. I'm about to tackle this job but would appreciate any information on what bolts to remove from the dash ECT. Thanks in advance.

paranoid_mtl

Reaction score
Same here I am just starting to research this project now. I have done Heater cores in other vehicles in the past but not an expedition.... Any advice / Video links would be greatly appreciated