2007 Interior Door Lock Button Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbolel

Reaction score
Hi there,

We just purchased our expedition and are still very new to the car. So please forgive me for any stupid questions.

Our problem is when we are inside the car, whenever i try to lock the doors from seat switch buttons ( both driver and side passenger) it locks for a second, and unlocks immediately back..

The key controller works fine when we are outside of the car and locks as it should.

However from inside, we are not able to lock.. Any idea what to do to fix this?

Thanks for all support and help!

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
However from inside, we are not able to lock.. Any idea what to do to fix this?
That info is in your owners manual. You can change when your doors lock/unlock.

welcome to the forum

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not entirely sure, but I don't think it will lock by the switches when the key is in the ignition. Keeps you from locking the keys in the car

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You only have one key FOB correct ? Just by chance that it's sensing a low battery in the key FOB, leave the key FOB far enough away, or in the house, that the Expy can't see it. Then get in the truck and try locking the doors with the switches and see if they stay locked. If they stay locked you just need to replace the battery in the FOB. If you have a laptop and the Forscan app you can look at all the door sensors and see if it's seeing one open, or any other odd indictaions.

ForScan Download Page