2008 EL strut replacement recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mothra

Reaction score
My 2008 Ford Expedition EL 2WD Limited suspension has finally gotten to bad to ignore. I think I am going to go with the strutmasters rear conversion to get rid of my leaky air bags. Unfortunately they do not make a front strut for the EL Limited. What is the best option for a front (loaded strut assembly) that will retain oem ride height? And if there is a better option for the rear I am open to something different.

flyguy

Reaction score
The suspension on our 2015 Expedition Limited went from bad to worse to the point it thru my back out going over a speed bump. I replaced the shocks with Bilsteins from https://www.shocksurplus.com/. The total cost plus installation was $1,600. The ride now is perfect; instead of 4-5 bounces after going over a speed bump, it is only one.

DoubleAction

Reaction score
I used Monroe struts which is a fully assemble shock and spring assembly. They have a lifetime warranty and on Amazon the total for all 4 was under $500. I have them on a 3/2 ready lift and so far have been great.