2008 Floor and defrost only, temp good, no air from dash vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valenrandy

Reaction score
Had the expedition parked for a few months and just got around to driving it again last week. I noticed the slight ticking sound from just behind the gauge cluster (speedometer).
Yesterday I noticed the ac was only blowing through the defrost/floor vents but not the normal dash vents. The temperature adjustments work fine on both passenger and driver side, it's just an airflow issue at this point. I've read it may be a blend door motor above the accelerator pedal but I'm not sure. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can try to tackle this issue?

Thanks!

JimR_TN

Reaction score
It is the defrost mode door actuator. I replaced mine recently on my 2007 Expedition. Really not a difficult DIY job except for the uncomfortable position I had to get in to see it. 3 bolts on gas pedal for clearance, 2 holding the actuator in.

Here are a couple of videos I found helpful.

OP
OP
V

valenrandy

Reaction score
Thank you, that was exactly what it was, and I got it replaced yesterday. It took me around 20 or so minutes and removing the pedals helped out significantly.
Everything is back to working normally.

Thanks again.