2008 Forscan Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve dug through the Forscan list, it’s so random and huge that it’s hard to look for certain stuff in that thread.

I have a 2008 Limited, and just learned through the forum that apparently the Limiteds lighting is controlled through the BCM, and that i’d be able to disable the hyper flash through Forscan. Some say they did it successfully, others say it only worked for the rear. Either way, i’d like to try, but I haven’t been able to find out what to modify.

I have a knockoff ELM327, and Windows laptop with the extended license.

I also was curious about a few other tweaks.

Is there a Bambi Mode for us? (Through Forscan) Keeping the fogs on with the brights? In older vehicles, it was typically as simple as cutting a pin off the fog light relay. I haven’t seen much info for third gens.

Also interested in disabling the key in ignition chimes when the doors open and such. Any mods for that?

I had a whole list that I am drawing a blank on, so when I think of them, I’ll leave a response with them as well. Or if anyone knows of a decent list that would be cool as well!

Thanks in advance!

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got myself an ELS27 and I pulled all the original as-built out of my 2012.

The bad news is, most of the mods that I'd already deduced probably wouldn't work based on my As-Built data from the Motorcraft website still probably won't work.

The good news is, there is far more config data in the modules than the website gives you, so some mods may indeed work.

I'd like to get samples from as many early 3rd-gen Expeditions as possible, along with all their features, so I can start reverse-engineering some of these things, because it looks like at least a couple of the modules are completely different in the 2015+. Example: the 726-13-01 and 726-14-01 addresses (for turn signal hyper-flash front and rear) DO exist on my 2012 (they don't in the Motorcraft data) but they are already set to 0 (disabled) in the right spots, so there's nothing to change.

Same goes for many of the DRL mods that I've read about. If you don't have DRL I would LOVE to take a look at the exports from your modules, to see what's different and see if I can deduce where the DRL setting lives, at least.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any idea how to get the speedo calibrator spreadsheet to allow me to input my tires size to get correct value to change?

Did you download the speedo spreadsheet? That’s what I did and it allows me to enter the values.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had to request access from original owner to edit the values??? we will see what happens or if i get access

Did you try downloading the spreadsheet and saving it as an excel spreadsheet? Did that work for you?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360