2009 Ford Expedition Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
although I have to say I'm not a big fan of oiled filters...after awhile I am going to swap this filter out for a dry-flow type..

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stay away from the cheap $60 one. I just tried it on my 2008 (no tune, maybe that’s the issue) and it was complete ass.

Installed it, fairly straightforward. Looked SO much better than that horrid stock chambered mess. Unhooked the battery for around 25 minutes. Connected battery, started it and let it idle for a good 10~ minutes.

Took it for a spin. Immediately noticed a difference. It felt like I installed one of those PedalCommander devices. I had so much more response with less throttle. It felt peppy, and more quick to react to my pedal movement.

But then it started shifting weird as hell. HUGE flares between gears whether I was lightly accelerating, or going good from a stoplight or something.

That issue seemed to correct itself after a few stop and go’s, as if it just needed to adjust or something. Well skip to the next morning. Heading to work, CEL comes on. Bank 1 and 2 lean. Got to work, and got home problem free though. Had to make one stop close to home, and when I started it back up and took off, she was NOT happy. The flare ups came back, 100x worse and would basically just keep the truck in neutral until I feathered it down/up into the next gear. Luckily I was 1/2 mile from home. It’s still outside with the battery disconnected and stock setup re-installed.

I had zero air leaks. MAF was sealed properly. All couplers seated and sealed good. I really planned on buying the K&N eventually, but if I have to spend $250+ on a CAI just for looks and sound improvement, PLUS hundreds more on a tuner and custom tune, I’ll have to pass.

So my $0.02 - stay away from the cheap one, unfortunately.