2010 Exp SSV - what is this hump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gr4ck3L

Reaction score
Hi Team,

Before I tear this thing to high hell, does anyone happen to know whats in this hump?

2019-05-17.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everyone has em, they're generally just under the consoles.

It has electronics or something in there, iirc... basically, it needs to stay

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That'd be your restraints control module.
AL1Z-14B321-A

Seat position sensor, seat occupancy, impact sensors, seatbelt pre-tensioners, etc - all & more get calculated here for airbag deployment.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That'd be your restraints control module.
AL1Z-14B321-A

Seat position sensor, seat occupancy, impact sensors, seatbelt pre-tensioners, etc - all & more get calculated here for airbag deployment.

So basically all the pointless **** that will increase your chances of getting hurt in a large vehicle, because of one size fits all rules....

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk all those controls helped save my life when mine was wrecked. The seat restraint held me in place so I didn’t bounce my head off the dash and the airbags went off so I didn’t snap my neck. I think that “pointless module” has quite the point.

FYI that was an accident with a RAM 2500 with a 7,000 pound curb weight...

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk all those controls helped save my life when mine was wrecked. The seat restraint held me in place so I didn’t bounce my head off the dash and the airbags went off so I didn’t snap my neck. I think that “pointless module” has quite the point.

CAN you reach the dash from your seating position, strapped in with an un-pre-tensioned seat belt?

And if you can... why not just adjust the seat to where you can't?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

My adult son was driving his wife’s Saturn Vue when a POS driver drove his GMC 2500 series pickup truck completely left of the double yellow line - hitting my son head-on.

He was wearing his seatbelt, and the seatbelt pretensioner and airbag deployed. He was knocked unconscious. The fire and police were summoned by OnStar, who also notified his wife. He was taken to the hospital and recovered from his injuries.

Seatbelts, airbags and pretensioners save lives - without a doubt.