2010 Expedition Limited Ac Drain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJNewelliii

Reaction score
Hello all, my wife has a 2010 and i'm thinking the ac drain is clogged we are having water appear on the front passenger floor board, and i'm not locating the drain on the firewall, can someone tell me if there is more than one drain and the location please an thank you...

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The water is on the topside of the headliner and runs to the lowest point or when you move the truck so it goes to the pillars. There are four drains on the sunroof(one in each corner) Open sunroof and look from top of truck to find. take some thick weed eater line and clean out the drains. that should fix your problem.

If you want to make sure that was your problem, pour some water in the trough before you clean the drains to see. And of course do it after you clean the drains to be sure it drains properly.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The evaporator drain is very low on the passenger side of the firewall, just to the left of where the firewall shape changes for the transmission tunnel. Its small and impossible/difficult to see from above, looking down into the engine bay, so best to jack up the passenger front and slide under the truck and look up. Its pretty small, maybe half an inch of black rubber. Kind of just protrudes from the firewall. Nub-like, don't expect to see a long hose.

Its been mentioned on this forum before that some people have been able to pull the inner fender liner away at the front passenger wheel well to access the drain, but I can't speak to experience on doing this.

Otherwise, that must be one hellova leak around your sunroof to A) let that much water in, and B) to also let in so much gunk that the drains are getting clogged..

OP
OP
R

RJNewelliii

Reaction score
The evaporator drain is very low on the passenger side of the firewall, just to the left of where the firewall shape changes for the transmission tunnel. Its small and impossible/difficult to see from above, looking down into the engine bay, so best to jack up the passenger front and slide under the truck and look up. Its pretty small, maybe half an inch of black rubber. Kind of just protrudes from the firewall. Nub-like, don't expect to see a long hose.

Its been mentioned on this forum before that some people have been able to pull the inner fender liner away at the front passenger wheel well to access the drain, but I can't speak to experience on doing this.

Otherwise, that must be one hellova leak around your sunroof to A) let that much water in, and B) to also let in so much gunk that the drains are getting clogged..
I will check both thank you all for your help an comments...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RJNewelliii

Reaction score
@Yupster Dog i did that yesterday but there was only two drains both on the front one on each side but didn't see any towards the rear... are you sure there is four, and when i used the cord i was able to push down 6' of cord down the drain before i pulled it back out, does that sound about right...

OP
OP
R

RJNewelliii

Reaction score
@Yupster Dog i did that yesterday but there was only two drains both on the front one on each side but didn't see any towards the rear... are you sure there is four, and when i used the cord i was able to push down 6' of cord down the drain before i pulled it back out, does that sound about right...

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

There are four drains the rear are hard to get to. Its not that junk gets in there it usually is spiders and bugs that clog it up. to be sure that it is unclogged pour water in the trough where you see the drains and watch for it to come out.( that way you can clean it from the bottom up) park uphill to check the back drains and down hill to check the front drains. you will see the water come out under the vehicle.