2010 Expy intermediate blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know this is kinda beating a dead horse, but dang I’m stumped. I have replaced all the following with oem parts. Blower motor, blower motor resistor, both connector’s and blend door actuator. Still sometimes when I start truck blower motor will not work. I have hit a bump at 70mph and starts working. Any help is appreciated.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this is kinda beating a dead horse, but dang I’m stumped. I have replaced all the following with oem parts. Blower motor, blower motor resistor, both connector’s and blend door actuator. Still sometimes when I start truck blower motor will not work. I have hit a bump at 70mph and starts working. Any help is appreciated.

Did you use the parts specified in this TSB: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf

I’d suspect a bad connection - on the speed control or blower motor.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Followed to the tee. When the blower is not working I can hear a low dull thud sound coming from HVAC box. When you say speed control your referring to the blower fan control speed knob?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Followed to the tee. When the blower is not working I can hear a low dull thud sound coming from HVAC box. When you say speed control your referring to the blower fan control speed knob?

No - Ford parts calls the blower resistor a speed control part.

I guess it is possible for the speed control knob part to be defective, or operate intermittently - with a good bump causing it to operate.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
I’m posting to possibly help someone in the future. I chased a bunch of recommendations from techs and friends. My blower motor would intermittently stop blowing and then hours later or days later it would start again. My problem seems to have been a bad mode actuator. I noticed once I changed the mode from max to defrost and the blower motor went dead. I changed the mode actuator over two weeks ago and problem is gone. Also thanks to everyone here who offered there assistance.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani