2010 Limited Air Suspension has a mind of it's own?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron Lane

Reaction score
I've searched the forums, but can't find anything like this, so I'm hoping ya'll can help me figure it out. 3 weeks ago, walked out and the Exped was sitting real low on the rear driver's side. Cranked the truck, compressor inflated the bag, away we went. Kept doing that for a week...it would lose all air in the bag overnight, but would inflate in the morning and be fine for use during the day. I ordered another shock + air bag, but didn't install it yet. After a week, I walked outside in the morning and the truck was fine. Didn't lose any air overnight. This continued for a week. Now, here's where it gets weird. Friday (7/8) and Saturday (7/9) after parking overnight, both rear air bags deflated. Sunday (7/10) and Monday (7/11) both maintained air overnight. Today (7/12) back to just the driver's side deflating overnight. Any idea what would cause this erratic behavior?

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably the electronics aspect gets shorted out. The problem with this is that your compressor may burn out trying to keep the airbag inflated causing a costly repair. You could just run the comp until all bags are inflated then turn the susp switch off.

OP
OP
A

Aaron Lane

Reaction score
I tried that, and it still deflated, so I figured it was the bag losing air overnight. I changed the strut and air bag this past weekend, and so far so good.

curtis-bob

Reaction score
One question.. What is the temp out during those days. If there is water in your line and it's really cold out.. The water in the lines can freeze and cause solenoids to freeze up.. Now. I haven't worked on 2007 systems. This was old air ride systems just thought I would ask.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would have done the solenoids first… if the vent and driver’s side get stuck open you’d see this. Sometimes the passenger got stuck too… you know.

Of course, me being me, I wouldn’t have done anything unless I got an error…