2010 low fuel light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sub0cool

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Expedition el and have been having problems with the gas gauge and low fuel light coming on. I figured since I had 118k miles on it, the problem was probably the sending unit. Changed out the pump assembly and I’m getting the same thing. The fuel gauge will work fine some days and others I will get a low fuel light and the gauge will slowly fall down. Take the battery terminal off and it’s back to working for a while. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the grounds for this. I have cleaned and reattached the ground to the body on the battery ground. I think a bad ground is the issue.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Airbag, PATS, fuel sender and transfer case ... I don't see any shared grounds for those on the diagrams.

OP
OP
S

sub0cool

Reaction score
Airbag is a weird one. My key that I use causes PATS, it broken hardly use it . My transfer case if from the winter when trying to go to 4 lo, got the wrench on cluster and wouldn’t go to 4 lo. 4 auto works and it seems like 4 hi works. Probably a motor on transfer case that’s not moving right. Replaced the fuel pump with a motorcraft branded one. I’ve cleared the codes will get back with the new codes it’s producing.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dont dismiss a weak battery for all kinds of weird problems.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni