2010 Navigator Base w/o tow package - charge cable for trailer battery

jruppert

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2010 Navigator without the tow package, so its the 4 pin setup. I recently purchased a 7 pin trailer plug in, tekonsha p3 controller with adapter harness. I have yet to hook everything up but was curious what you guys have done for a charge cable so that I can charge the battery on trailer. What I am sorta curious on is if there is anything already on board that I can tap into without running the connection. I looked in my owners manual and it refers to towing fuses and relays and for whatever reason, my car already has
44​
10​
Trailer tow battery charge relay coil

Just curious if there is a way to tap in...

Thanks!

jruppert

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a google search with the correct 'search word' and found some info from this forum. For some reason, the search function wasn't allowing me to find what I was looking for.

Thank you

Greg Coleman

Reaction score
I can't directly answer your question. But the 7 pin does have one listed as "hot". That should be the one that will charge the trailer battery when connected to the vehicle.
You must be registered for see images attach

I use a small solar panel and a Battery Tender solar controller to keep mine topped off.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't directly answer your question. But the 7 pin does have one listed as "hot". That should be the one that will charge the trailer battery when connected to the vehicle.
You must be registered for see images attach

I use a small solar panel and a Battery Tender solar controller to keep mine topped off.

have a link to those?