2010 Rear AC blend and mode failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have codes in forscan saying rear blend and mode failure. Failure is real. At least it is stuck on overhead and cold for the summer. I know where the actuators are, but what are the chances both go out? Should I be looking somewhere else? Fan works and can be controlled by front or rear control. Neither front or back will change temperature though. No clicking. Could there be a fuse that controls those actuators, but not the fan?

ChazM76

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I've tested two new actuators (mode door & blend door) and it didn't fix the problem. I think that narrows the problem down to either the controls or the wiring between the controls and the two actuators. Neither the overhead controls or 2nd row seating controls work to change temp or mode. Also, the "mode" icons that indicate whether floor or ceiling vents are active are not Illuminated on either switch.

I don't see any details in the manual that would point to a fuse, but maybe checking all of them is a good idea.