2011 Exp rear park aid/backup camera stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TuxBlk11Ltd

Reaction score
Got in our Exp tonight to move it, and when I put it in reverse the rear camera in the rear view mirror didn't come on. I haven't had any issues with it since we bought it last August. It doesn't have the sensors beeping at me through the stereo either when I'm to close to something. I've checked the fuse (only had 1 that I could find) and I unplugged the connection in the back of the mirror and wiggled the wires with no luck. I've found there are the 2 sensors in the rear bumper cover and there's a sensor in the lift gate next to the camera itself. If one of these go bad, will it shut down the entire system? Is it possible the mirror itself with the built in monitor went out? It was a hot day today, so that's why I'm wondering if the heat has contributed to this problem. I'm new to Fords so forgive me if I ask a ton of questions. I came from a Chevy Suburban with a million electrical problems, so I'm hoping this is a simple fix. Any help would be great!