2011 Expedition EL Limited ... Compressor failed, where are the expansion valves?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoBo2

Reaction score
New here... first time posting. I've searched the forums but don't seem to find any matches to my issue. My wife stalled at a stop sign and couldn't get the Expy to start. Towed/Dragged her home and turns out the bearings in the pulley all bunched up. (apparently they haven't heard about the new social distancing requirements) Checked AC pressures and there was no pressure at all. Bought a new UAC compressor and new condensor, pulled the old ones. Putting the condensor and compressor back in but leaving disconnected until I do a flush. bought a flush kit and want to flush the system, but apparently need to disconnect the Expansion valves first. Can't find a decent diagram anywhere (for free) and can't seem to find the expansion valves. Anyone have pointers? local dealer's been helpful, but can tell I'm pushing my luck with the calls. LOL. and the wife wants her car back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360