2011 Expedition possible Captain Seat options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reallyitsjp

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a 2011 Expy that was a Forestry Service unit. No center console with no armrest. I really do not want a center console just an armrest. Is there any possibility of a captains chair option for the Expy? Will F150 or F250 Seats bolt in?

Thank you

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All of us current and former SSV owners have asked that over the years... unconfirmed rumor has it that F150 fronts / folding jumpseat-armrest "should probably" fit, but no confirmation or writeup

Also of note, 2007 and maybe 2008 Ford offered a 9-seater 3rd gen Expy with a front middle seat, although it's an elusive part and can't seem to find pictures... so cam't really tell for certain if it's just an F150 folding jumpseat/armrest or not

PS i ended up kinda liking the "centre aisle" on mine... kinda cool to shift to park at a red light and walk back to your trunk to grab something. But yeah some kinda armrest would be cool

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PS out of sheer curiosity, how much did you pay? I got my '09 SSV (also ex-USFS) 2 years ago with 155k mi for $4600 iirc

It was dirty as hell and with no improvements or added equipment except BFG KO2's though

OP
OP
R

Reallyitsjp

Reaction score
I paid $9,800 with 109,000 miles. It had already been leveled in the front. Also came with a 1 year warranty. I’m great shape except for the cargo area has some minor scratches from some equipment

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bit much for an SSV, they need a couple grand in upgrades and some elbow grease to measure up....leather seats, running boards or nerf barfs, wheels, backup camera + infotainment or tow mirrors + auxilliary backup lighting, etc. (Although they're a fun project vehicle to mess around with)

got my '12 GatorL w/ 130k mi for <$13.5k, all that needed was a few penny LED bulbs and some window visors

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Both the 2007 and 2008 XL and SSV were available with cloth 40/60 bench seats in stone gray or camel. When ordered, a column shifter was installed and the moon roof was unavailable.

They had a flip-down arm rest bolster that was fully upholstered on all sides. It was a completely different seat from the F-150's.

I've posted a few pictures of an '08 in the past but can't find them now. I loved those cars.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Excursion captain chairs had thin flip-down arm rests in similar colors. Maybe, if you're handy, you can rig something up. The F-150 seats differ from the Expeditions' so I don't know if they are interchangeable.