2011 Expedition second row seat cover replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011 expy

Reaction score
Have a 2011 Expediton with two captain seats on the second row (with arm rests) vs the 40/20/40 configuration. Need to replace the OEM leather on the front seats due to cracking, tearing, etc. around the perforations and the second row seats will start tearing soon doe to cracking around the perforations. Been to a number of upholstery shops around Houston, Tx and it will cost approx. $1,200 - $1,350 for the two front seats (custom made replacements and installed) or $1,390 for Katzkin to part out two replacement covers and installed.

A Katzkin replacement for all 3 rows is approx. $1,750 installed. Katzkin only offers the second row seats in the 40/20/40 configuration.

Does anyone know if the two second row outboard seats on the 40/20/40 confiiguration are the same seats as the configuration with only two captain seats? Hoping the Katzkin covers for the outboard 40/20/40 seats will fit the two second row captain seats (with the exception of holes for the arm rests) and can have all three rows match. The Houston upholstery shops don’t have an answer and neither does Ford customer service. I do have an inquiry in with Katzkin, but have not heard back from them.

From the pics I looked at online the outboard seats on the 40/20/40 configuration looks the same as the captain’s chairs with the exception of arm rests. Looks can be deceiving though. Also, I couldn’t imagine Ford going through ordering different size rear seats for the second row on a mass production vehicle.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same minus armrest

Check ebay, apparently misordered or customer-reject or something Katskin kits pop up for $200-300 there regularly. Or you can order fronts for $100ish per section (bottom, back) from some places

Basically the only thing to know is 07-08 have different front row headrest shape (way more ergonomic, allegedly less safe) vs other years

Oh and manual vs power 3rd row, they'll fit on power but have cutouts on back for pull-here levers that ain't there (underneath it on power seats you have an HDF board... so you could attach and patch easily, just a matter of perfection vs. money)

Last edited:
OP
OP

2011 expy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Adieu. I’ve seen Katzkin on Amazon and eBay at very cheap prices and figured they were either overstocked items, cancelled orders or may have some minor defects.

I talked to Roadwire today and they only offer the second row replacement covers in the 40/20/40 configuration. I inquired them if they thought the outboard seats would fit my seats and the lady told me “No, it’s a different pattern”.

Last edited: